Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Almost a year...

Well is about a week and a half my little Evelyn is going to be a year old. I can't believe time has flown by so fast. Our schedule is about the same as before except Evelyn goes to bed a little later. I am so grateful for that. Everyone told me that the whole working away from home would get better, but it really has only gotten worse. My relationship with Evelyn has changed quite a bit and she seems to prefer being with my aunt now so I can't really give too much detail on the things she does. I get most of the stories second hand. Don't think I am taking any of this lightly because I am not, but if I say too much on the subject I will just get upset so... moving on...
She has grown up so much! She is still small in size, but very big in personality! She still hates crawling on her hands and knees because her tummy is faster, but my aunt said that sometimes she will crawl on her belly, but try to use one knee to push off of. She is a little strange sometimes! :) She is almost walking, too! She has been cruising for a while, but I sometimes catch her standing on her own without help balancing. She won't try to take a step though; she just drops to the floor and crawls where she wants to go! My aunt has taught her a few things too! She likes doing "ojitos" (which is Spanish for "little eyes" so she bats her eyes), she likes to show you her tongue, touch her ears and head, and do "arms up"! Sometimes she waves, but usually she looks at you like she has no idea what you are talking about! She says Dada, but she doesn't say Mama really anymore. For some reason she says "cat". I try to explain to her that mama is allergic so she probably won't be getting one, but she insists. She insists on a lot lately. She gets pretty spoiled at my aunt's so now she screams to get what she wants... not my favorite new things, but I am working on correcting that one. She also has 7 teeth! She is working on her eighth, but it hasn't cut just yet.



Isn't she cute?!

We decided to wean her from breast milk too about a week ago. My last day to nurse her was May 15th. (yes i marked the day) She just didn't seem interested anymore and I was afraid she wasn't getting enough. Now she is getting whole milk and she loves it! I think she may fatten up now!
A few weeks ago we took her to my father in laws to go swimming. She loved it! I thought she would be afraid, but she wasn't even a little bit! She just floated in the water like she belonged there! Joey even dunked her in the water a few times to get her used to it and I am so thankful that she was comfortable with it. I am hoping to take her to the pool more often this summer. Hopefully we will have enough time, because I want her to be very comfortable with the water. I don't think she will have any problems though.




My little water baby!


How can you NOT smile when you see this?

Already wanting to take the car!
So there is a little update on our little girl. I am sure I will blog again as her birthday approaches and then about her birthday party. I was going to try to do something small with just family, but my family is so big the guest list got a little large! We will see what happens!
As hard as things are right now there are moments that just melt my heart. Lately Evelyn likes to hug. She likes to hug her animals and a couple of time she has just given my a big hug. I can't tell you how much that means to me right now. Then a few weeks ago I was having a particularly hard day. I came home and I was just warn out from all the stress and sadness. I turned on the radio in Evelyn's room and after I changed her we started dancing. A little two-step in the bedroom before bed! She just smiled and giggled! That was one of the most precious moments I've had in my entire life. Times like that make me feel like maybe I am strong enough to get through the hard times. I love my little angel.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Oh Courtney, she is beautiful!! I know you are so proud. I'm so sorry y'all are having a tough time right now. I hope it is over soon and you will be able to spend more time together. We miss you!

B.Janoch said...

hello im from germany and i just googled after my surname which is the same as yours :) just wanted to leave some greetings